Located in the town centre on Half Moon Street, just off of Cheap Street, Sherborne Abbey is a beautiful 8th Century building with a stunning fan vaulted ceiling and wonderful acoustics.
The Abbey itself does not have any public accessible lavatories, however there will be portable toilets in place for the Festival. Not suitable for disabled but public toilets nearby.
The Abbey’s seating is mainly fixed pews which hold up to approximately 620 people. It is possible to increase this with extra chairs to around 700.
- Entrance: The Abbey’s South West porch has a permanent access ramp and extra wide doors. There is a portable ramp for wheelchair access to the Lady Chapel.
- Aisles: There are extra wide aisles throughout for easy access and certain seats can be removed to incorporate wheelchair users.
- Staging: New staged seating has steps back and front or easy and safe access.
- Mobility: Visitors with mobility issues can be dropped off by the venue’s entrance, where trained volunteers are on hand to assist them to appropriate seating for their needs.
- Guide/Assistance Dogs: are welcomed and water can be provided on request.
- Hearing: There is a fully operational induction hearing loop, referred to in the programme and in the opening remarks to ensure maximum awareness.
- If you would like to attend this event but have specific access requirements, please get in touch to find out more about the event and how we can support you on the day: (email general enquiries)
There is no parking within the Abbey Grounds. Please use the public car parks in Sherborne, in particular Culverhayes Car Park which is just a 5 minute walk from Sherborne Abbey. There are some on-road parking spaces available nearby, subject to parking restrictions and Blue Badge regulations in force at the time.
The nearest railway station is Sherborne which is a 5 minute walk from Sherborne Abbey. There are various bus services to Sherborne from adjacent towns and villages including Dorchester, Yeovil, Shaftesbury and Blandford. The town also offers a number of taxi services.